INSTALL TWRP ON SAMSUNG – HMZ Tutorials
If you want to install custom ROM, improve your phone’s performance, and enhance battery life, installing TWRP is the first step. TWRP is a user-friendly custom recovery that’s widely used for managing Android devices’ software.
Our guide will help you easily install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. With TWRP, you can customize your device with magisk, custom ROMs, kernels, and mods. It allows you to make backups, install custom software, and perform advanced tweaks on your phone
Whether you’re an experienced or a newbie, our tutorial is easy to follow and has all the information you need to get started. So let’s begin.
Preparing Your Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra for TWRP Installation
In this section, we will be preparing your Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra for TWRP installation. This includes unlocking the bootloader and enabling developer options. These steps are crucial before installing TWRP recovery on your device, as they allow you to modify the device’s software. Make sure to follow these steps carefully, as they are important for a successful TWRP installation
Should this Remember
- Remove all accounts (Google, Samsung) from your device before proceeding.
- Take a full backup of your Android device.
- You will need a PC to perform the Odin process.
- Make sure your phone is fully charged.
- Have the original USB cable for your Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra on hand.
Unlock the Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Before you can install a custom recovery like TWRP on your Samsung, you need to unlock the device’s bootloader.
Enable the Developer Options on Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra:
- First go to “Settings”
- Scroll bottom of the screen and select “About phone”.
- Then select “Software information”.
- Enter your phone’s lock screen Password if prompted.
- Next you will now see the “Developer mode has been enabled!” toast message on the screen.
Enable the OEM unlocking option on Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra:
- Power off your phone and, keep pressing the “Volume Down”, “Volume Up” buttons simultaneously and connect phone to pc using data cable, you see the “Warning” screen.
- Keep press more than 7 second to “Volume Up” button to unlock bootloader option.
- You will be prompted to confirm whether you want to unlock the bootloader, use the volume buttons to navigate to ‘Yes’ and press the power button to confirm.
In this section, we will successfully unlock the bootloader of your Samsung. This is a necessary step before installing TWRP recovery on your device. Once the bootloader is unlocked, your phone will be ready for TWRP installation, and you will be able to modify the device’s software.
Accessing Download Mode on Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra:
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up buttons simultaneously and connect your phone to your PC using the data cable.
- When you see the “Warning” screen, press the Volume Up button to enter download mode.
Required Files for TWRP Installation:
DOWNLOAD: Disable DM Verity Forece Encrypt
YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE CORRECT VERSION OF TWRP DEPENDING WHAT SAMSUNG YOU HAVE, IN THIS CASE, IT’S GONNA BE SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA
Installing TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra:
- Open the Odin tool on your PC.
- Select the vbmeta.tar file and load it as AP in Odin and flash it. After it’s done, reboot your phone to download mode.
- Next, flash the TWRP.tar file as AP via Odin. After the flashing is successful, immediately reboot to recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up and Power key buttons simultaneously until you see the “Boot Warning” screen then press power key to enter TWRP recovery mode.
- Flash the Disable Dm Verity Force Encrypt.
Go to Wipe > Format data.
- Reboot to System or flash any additional modifications you desire.
By following these steps, you will successfully install TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra:
In this final section, we will be showing you “How to Root Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra using Magisk” using the TWRP recovery that you have just installed. Rooting your device allows you to gain full control over your device and unlock its full potential. For detailed step-by-step instructions on how to root your Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, you can follow this link to our guide: